Colin Farrell finds it tough to do a good Irish accent
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
The Irish hunk, Colin Farrell, has said that getting the Irish accent right in his new film, “Ondine”, was his toughest challenge.
You’d think he could nail that one, right? Apparently not.
“'I spent most of my childhood watching “TJ Hooker” and “CHiPS” so I was more familiar with an American accent than an Irish one” said Farrell
“This film was one of the hardest accents I've had to do, especially because I felt a national obligation not to f*** it up.”
Knowing that the Irish would be extra vigilant in picking up and any slight American lilt Farrell felt under pressure.
So far he thinks he’s gotten away with it.
He said “The local papers said I did “all right””. High praise indeed.