Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Farrell dishes the dirt on the truth that he auditioned for Irish boyband Boyzone
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2012 at 11:24 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
Farrell spared no details in describing when he was approached by Louis Walsh to audition for Boyzone when he was only 17 years old.
"So I was on a dance floor in Dublin and I was 17, in leather trousers and a rubber T-shirt - I'll spare no embarrassing details - when Louis Walsh came up to me and said, 'I'm forming a band, they're going to be huge, do you want to be in it?'
"I said yeah so I want to an audition the next day and there were 150 lads outside the door with various spray-tans, tight t-shirts et cetra. I went in and sang 'Careless Whisper' twice... they asked me to sing it again because they couldn't believe how shocking I was!"
Farrell also added that when he was young, he wanted to be a footballer. A true Dubliner!