Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Farrell dishes the dirt on the truth that he auditioned for Irish boyband Boyzone
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2012 at 11:24 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
Farrell spared no details in describing when he was approached by Louis Walsh to audition for Boyzone when he was only 17 years old.
"So I was on a dance floor in Dublin and I was 17, in leather trousers and a rubber T-shirt - I'll spare no embarrassing details - when Louis Walsh came up to me and said, 'I'm forming a band, they're going to be huge, do you want to be in it?'
"I said yeah so I want to an audition the next day and there were 150 lads outside the door with various spray-tans, tight t-shirts et cetra. I went in and sang 'Careless Whisper' twice... they asked me to sing it again because they couldn't believe how shocking I was!"
Farrell also added that when he was young, he wanted to be a footballer. A true Dubliner!