Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Farrell "almost broke in half" when his son took his first steps
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 08:35 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
He said: "We share in the smallest victories; the first words at age six or seven, being able to feed oneself at 19, and getting the seizures under control. When James took his first steps at age four, I nearly broke in half!"
Colin - who also has son Henry, three, with
Alicja Bachleda-Curus - went public with James' condition when the little boy was four years old, and says he was inspired to do so after watching the Paralympic games.
He told the December edition of America's In Style magazine: "It was at the Special Olympics in Shanghai in 2007 that I decided, after consulting with James' mother, that I wanted to talk publicly about the pride and joy I had in our son. He has enriched my life, but I don't want to minimise the trials that so many families go through; the fear, consternation, frustration, and pain."
And the 36-year-old actor has been given support in coping with James' problems by the Foundation For Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (FAST).
He said: "When you're the parent of a child with special needs, it's important to feel that you're not alone."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...