Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Colin Farrell admitted his days of drinking left him close to death
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 at 08:38 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
He said: "Obviously I'm not a doctor but you don't have to have a degree in medicine to know when your body's shutting down. I genuinely didn't think I had much longer.
"I'd reached the point where the only voices that had any clarity in the room were the voices of destruction and obliteration."
The 36-year-old star claims he has always had an addictive personality and would obsess about particular kinds of food from a young age.
He told the Sunday Times magazine: "I've been an addict since I was a kid. I'm not joking man - you can ask my mother. I had a Lion Bar addiction for six months when I was seven. Then I had a Coco Pops addiction. I'd go on Smash mashed potato binges, tins of tuna benders. Anything. I'd get addicted to a crosswind. Whatever made me feel good."