Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Chris Evans feels happiest when he sees a sunset
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 09:51 AM
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
- Denise Richards has retained custody of Brooke Mueller and Charlie Sheen's sons
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato got a new tattoo by Bang Bang
- Carey Mulligan and ‘The Great Gatsby’ cast dazzle on Cannes red carpet
Explaining why he is happiest said: "I always say that the times in my life when I've been happiest are the times when I've seen, like, a sunset.
"The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something, for a split second it’s so great, because for a little bit I’m out of my brain, and it’s got nothing to do with me. I’m not trying to figure it out, you know what I mean? And I wonder if I can somehow find a way to maintain that mind stillness.”
The 29-year-old actor also admitted he rejected the role of Captain America several times and, despite feeling "happy and content" every time he did so, he eventually realised it was the movie he had been waiting for.
He told the new issue of America's GQ magazine: “I said no a bunch, and every time I said no, I woke up the next morning so happy and content. I kept saying no; they kept coming back. And eventually I was like, ‘You know what? This is your biggest fear—this is exactly what you have to do.’”