Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen's ex, Denise Richards has been teaching her daughters about addiction
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 10:55 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
She said: “I got a book to read to them. I was just lying to them about so much, and covering up things and totally lying. It was just getting too confusing that I had to sit down with them."
"It's too early for them to understand. I told them enough for them to make sense of things that were going on."
Denise also insisted that Charlie’s recent behaviour – which has included alleged drink and drug binges and moving two porn star girlfriends into his home – is not typical of him and says she believes he will soon get back on track.
She told ‘Today’ show host Matt Lauer: “The man I fell in love with is very compassionate, humble, has a wonderful heart and the behaviour that a lot of us saw in the last six months is not the person I met and fell in love with.
Denise Richards, Charlie Sheen's ex-wife, has adopted a little girl - VIDEO
Denise Richards - Charlie Sheen's partying just part of his lifestyle
Denise Richards is “learning how to deal” with Charlie Sheen’s behavior
“Do I worry about him? Of course. He's the father of our children… [But] he's also a survivor. If anyone can pull themselves together, it's Charlie."
The actress also spoke about the new addition to her family, admitting her elder daughters are enjoying helping care for Eloise.
She added: “They are so excited and feel so blessed. They love feeding her and changing her. We’re very happy.”