Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen will retire when 'Anger Management' comes to an end
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 09:33 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
He said: "When I'm done with this business it's just going to be about soccer games and amusement parks. And when [Anger Management] ends, I'm done. This is my swan song.
"I've been doing this 30 years. And there's a lot more out there to do than make-believe, you know? I mean, I'm grateful. I've got a dream life as a direct result of television, you know? But at some point you just get tired of wearing somebody else's clothes, saying somebody else's words and working in somebody else's space.
"I'm also aware of the fact that you don't get these kinds of shots in the same lifetime. You're only supposed to have one hit show, unless you're Kelsey Grammer."
While he is planning his retirement, Charlie - who was fired from his last show, 'Two and a Half Men' because of his wild partying and bizarre public behaviour - insists he "doesn't believe" in getting older and never wants to "extinguish" the child he still feels at heart.
He added in an interview with the New York Times newspaper: Inside here, regardless of what the persona may be, I'm still the seven-year-old kid in the back of the class, afraid to raise his hand. I don't want this - all of this - to extinguish that child. Because it can.
"And I refuse to grow up. People are like, 'You still look young.' I'm like, 'I don't believe in aging.' I don't believe in failure, fatigue or excuses. I don't believe in them. You're on two hours' sleep and you're shooting your eighth scene of the day - so what? Do it. The Nike slogan doesn't say 'Just Try It.' 'Just Good Luck With It.' It says 'Just Do It.' And you do it."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...