Charlie Sheen will not face charges for Plaza Hotel meltdown
By: Amy Andrews | Published Friday, December 17, 2010, 5:00 AM | Updated Sunday, August 4, 2013, 3:58 AM
READ MORE- Irish American porn star sues Charlie Sheen for distress SEE PHOTOS- Christina Walsh Photo Gallery
Charlie Sheen looks set to escape criminal charges from his meltdown in New York.
The actor was being investigated by the New York Police Department (NYPD) after a complaint was filed by the Irish-American porn star, Christina Walsh against Sheen.
Ms Walsh claimed that she was the victim of assault and harassment in the second degree at the New York Plaza hotel in October after the actor allegedly went on a wild drink and drug-fueled rampage.
Ms Walsh, who uses the stage name of Capri Anderson, was hired by the 45-year-old as an escort on the night in question. After a lavish dinner and drinks with Sheen’s ex-wife, Denise Richards, and friends, Ms Walsh accompanied Sheen back to his hotel room where she claims he went crazy and threw a lamp at her while shouting abuse.
The latest reports from the NYPD said the case had been closed, but Ms Walsh’s attorney, Keith Davidson has insisted that proceedings are ongoing.
He said: “I just had a conversation with the Manhattan District Attorney’s office and they have assured me it’s still an open investigation.”
However a police source told the New York Post, that is is highly unlikely the “Two and a Half Men” star will face criminal prosecutionsREAD MORE- Irish American porn star sues Charlie Sheen for distress SEE PHOTOS- Christina Walsh Photo Gallery