Charlie Sheen to use his birth name, Carlos Estevez, in the credits for his new movie 'Machete Kills’
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
The 47-year-old actor has reportedly decided to ditch his stage name, which he began using when he was only four years old to avoid being confused with his uncle Carlos, to show his respect for director Robert Rodriguez, who was born in Texas but is very proud about his own Latin heritage.
A screen-grab from the credits of the upcoming action film, obtained by gossip website TMZ.com, shows that he will use his birth name in the opening and closing credits.
It will mark the first time in his professional career that he won't be billed as Charlie Sheen.
The 'Anger Management' star began using the name after his father changed his name from Ramon Antonio Gerardo Estevez to Martin Sheen when he moved to Hollywood.
Charlie, who stars in the new movie alongside Jessica Alba and Mel Gibson, previously admitted he was not in touch with his Spanish heritage.
He said: "I don't wake up feeling Latino. I'm a white guy in America. I was born in New York and grew up in Malibu.
"I wish I spoke more Spanish. I'm sure I can learn, but there hasn't been a lot of time lately. It was never a part of my life growing up. My parents never infused it into our household."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...