Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen gave $75,000 to help a little girl fight cancer
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 09:29 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
Father-of-five Charlie told the officer, "No parent should have to watch their kid go through that", and the next day sent a cheque for $75,000 to the Hermosa Beach Police Association, which had started a fund in Jasmine's honour.
According to website TMZ.com, Charlie's stunt-double Eddie Braun also gave $25,000, and the the family is extremely grateful for the donation and hopes their actions will inspire others to join the fight against CR.
CR is a debilitating form of cancer that occurs in the muscle tissue and requires over a year of expensive medical treatments like chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Last month, Charlie gave Lindsay Lohan $100,000 when he heard she was having financial difficulties, but claimed she had never thanked him.
He said: "She got shorted and I found out, so I said, 'Here.'
"I'm still waiting for a text to say, 'Thank you'. Anything you know?"