Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen gave $75,000 to help a little girl fight cancer
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 09:29 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Father-of-five Charlie told the officer, "No parent should have to watch their kid go through that", and the next day sent a cheque for $75,000 to the Hermosa Beach Police Association, which had started a fund in Jasmine's honour.
According to website TMZ.com, Charlie's stunt-double Eddie Braun also gave $25,000, and the the family is extremely grateful for the donation and hopes their actions will inspire others to join the fight against CR.
CR is a debilitating form of cancer that occurs in the muscle tissue and requires over a year of expensive medical treatments like chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Last month, Charlie gave Lindsay Lohan $100,000 when he heard she was having financial difficulties, but claimed she had never thanked him.
He said: "She got shorted and I found out, so I said, 'Here.'
"I'm still waiting for a text to say, 'Thank you'. Anything you know?"