Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen donated $75,000 to a young cancer fighter after meeting her father
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 08:26 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
A source told gossip website TMZ.com that the actor told the police officer: "no parent should have to watch their kid go through that" and sent a cheque to the police department just one day later, who have started a fund to raise money for the little girl who requires over a year of expensive medical treatments, including chemotherapy and radiation.
The generous actor's stunt-double Eddie Braun is also said to have sent a cheque for $25,000 to the fund after hearing about Jasmine through his good pal.
Charlie has donated a significant amount of money to various charities recently.
The former 'Two And A Half Men' star - who reportedly sent his co-star Lindsay Lohan a cheque for $100,000 to cover almost half of her hefty tax bill after they bonded while filming 'Scary Movie 5' together - is said to have given the rest of his fee to charity.
A source close to the 47-year-old star previously revealed that he was paid a total of $250,000 for one day's work on the movie in September.
And the insider revealed that the 26-year-old actress wasn't the only person to benefit because he donated the remaining $150,000 to three different charities.