Charlie Sheen donated $10,000 to a teenager for her therapy dog
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The 'Anger Management' actor was moved by the plight of Teagan Marti, 15, who suffered brain, spine, pelvis and internal injuries in July 2010 when she plummeted 100 feet from a Wisconsin amusement park ride and chipped in to pay for the dog who will turn on lights, pick up objects and be her constant companion.
After a friend of the family contacted Charlie through his godfather, Charlie said: “I like to pay it forward. People come into your orbit for a reason. You don't always know what that is ahead of time, but if I ignore these requests then I don't have any opportunity to see where these things lead us, or lead me."
However, he does want some input on the Golden Retriever's name, and joked: "I think they should name the dog Charlie."
Teagan's mother Julie – who said the family has encountered frequent financial woes in the years since the accident after insurance for the teenager's therapy ran out - praised the actor for his generosity and revealed she broke down in tears when she heard about the donation.
She said: "I'm in such disbelief. I was crying. ... What a guy. What a guy."
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...