Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen doesn't recognize himself when he looks back on last year
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 at 09:43 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
The 46-year-old actor - who suffered drug and alcohol problems in 2011 before being axed from 'Two and a Half Men' after launching a number of rants at creator Chuck Lorre - has apologized to the American public for his actions last year, and he has compared his wild behavior to having an out-of-body experience.
He said: "I didn't recognise parts of who that guy was. I just wish it was somebody else's body. You say it's been a year - it's either been a day, or a hundred years.
"I guess the plan was to reintroduce myself to America and to the media and say, 'Sorry about that, but here's what's happening now."
Charlie joked it was a "team effort" that led to him ultimately overcome his drug and alcohol issues, but admitted he didn't have many friends through his troubled time.
53-year old Irish carpenter re-emigrates to New York, describes why he had to leave
Top ten people I’d like to have a pint with
He said: "It was a team effort that was ultimately led by myself. There were not a lot of people close by saying, 'Dude, let's just take a step back.'"
Charlie admits he did feel a "a little bit" bitter about Ashton Kutcher replacing him on 'Two and a Half Men', but he has got over it by creating new sitcom 'Anger Management', in which he will play a therapist, because he didn't want his TV legacy to be remembered for the wrong reasons.
When asked if he had bad feelings towards 'Two and a Half Men' and Ashton, he added to the 'Today' show: "A little bit. I gotta work through that. I could probably do it in group on my show. Just not out loud.
"I couldn't have the 'Two and a Half Men' thing be my television legacy. I couldn't have that end on that note. If this is going to be a swansong, then it's got to be a beautiful experience, and, so far, eight days there was more fun than eight years."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...