Charlie Sheen considers visiting his family in Ireland to sober up
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
After his latest drug and alcohol fuelled hotel rampage last week, Charlie Sheen is considering sobering up with family on the Emerald Isle, according to the Daily Star.
The 45-year-old actor, whose grandmother Mary Anne Phelan emigrated to the U.S. from County Tipperary, has relatives in Ireland.
His cousin Teresa Phelan said she would welcome the “Two and A Half Men” star into her home in the village of Kilbarron.
“It’s a much quieter life down here and he could walk around without being bothered by anybody.
“He needs to look after his health and avoid the limelight.
“Living here for a while would be a good thing for him to do,” said the 72-year-old.
Teresa has stayed in close touch with Charlie’s father, veteran-actor Martin Sheen, who completed a university degree course in Ireland four years ago. Sheen has begged his son to take advantage of his family ties there.
Martin is schedule to begin filming a new movie called “Stella Days” in the nearby town of Borrisokane.
If Charlie accompanies his father to Ireland, Martin and Teresa hope to persuade the troubled actor to enter the Northfields rehab center located in Clonmel.
After Sheen flew into a rage with porn star Capri Anderson last Monday, he was rushed to from the Plaza Hotel, in New York, to a hospital complaining of chest pains. The 22-year-old Anderson, whose real name is Christine Walsh, is suing Sheen for “mental and physical distress.”
Said Sheen’s cousin Teresa “If any ordinary person goes out, gets drunk and falls over, nobody takes a blind bit of notice. But when somebody famous like Charlie does it, then it’s suddenly a big deal.”