Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen and Ashton Kutcher will go head to head on Comedy Central
Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2011 at 10:12 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
The troubled star – who is currently unemployed – is to be subjected to an evening of comic heckling on the one-off show, which will air on the same night as Ashton Kutcher makes his debut on ‘Two and a Half Men’, the series which Charlie used to star in until he was fired earlier this year.
While the comedians and stars set to poke fun at the 45-year-old actor are yet to be announced, Charlie has confirmed no topics will be “off-limits” on the show.
Kent Alterman, Comedy Central’s head of programming, said: “Charlie has assured us that nothing will be off limits in this Roast, which scares even us.”
Ashton Kutcher thinks ‘Twilight’s’ Robert Pattinson makes a lame vampire\
Denise Richards, Charlie Sheen's ex-wife, has adopted a little girl - VIDEO
Charlie Sheen admits to using steroids during filming of ‘Major League’ - VIDEO
However, Charlie is well aware of the plethora of material his turbulent personal life will provide for those taking part in the episode.
He added: “You could say I've been providing kindling for this ‘Roast’ for a while. It's time to light it up. It's going to be epic."
Previous stars subjected to the ‘Comedy Central Roast’ include David Hasselhoff, Joan Rivers and Donald Trump.
The show will be filmed on September 10 and air on September 19.