Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen admits he was "hurting himself" with his wild behavior
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
Despite his conduct, Charlie went on to be cast in forthcoming show 'Anger Management' and thinks it has been fairly easy for him to make a career comeback because his behaviour wasn't "that bad".
He said: “It’s not just about making comebacks, because you can attempt those, but you have to be allowed to be back in, also… and I think, on some level, I think the business needs a guy like me, to juxtapose everything else.
“I just don’t feel like I’ve done anything that was that bad. I was hurting myself, mostly… So I wasn’t begging to be let back into the party covered in somebody else’s blood.”
Despite his wild behaviour, Charlie believes his fans have stuck by him because he is always willing to recognise his faults.
He told 'Access Hollywood': “I think they recognise a guy that has foundationally, a position of truth and integrity and honesty and yeah, can be a complete screw up, but acknowledges those blunders, errors, speed bumps… whatever you want to call them, and be forgiven, hopefully, and then move forward and learn from it.
"But at some point people are like, ‘Dude you’re learning from it? Enough lessons. We’re bored.’ ”
At the height of his meltdown, Charlie embarked on a 21-date 'Violent Torpedo of Truth' tour of the US, which was widely regarded as a shambolic disaster, and the actor admits it was a mistake.
Asked what he has learned following his sacking from 'Two and a Half Men', he said: “I’ll tell you what I learned, stick to what you know. Don’t book a 21-city tour in 33 days with no act."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...