Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Channing Tatum's worst stripping job was dressing as a clown
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 09:20 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Channing Tatum in "Magic Mike"|
He told 'Access Hollywood': " [I had to wear] a clown outfit - true story, not making it up. It was the worst idea that I had heard - and I had heard some bad ideas and seen some bad skits!
"I was like, 'Clowns aren't sexy - if anything they're scary. Why is this gonna work? 'And they were just like,
'Nah, nah - it kills, bro. It kills, bro. They're gonna love it.'
"I danced to, like, '99 Red Balloons' or something, I come out and ... crickets. Crickets. People didn't know if it was a joke [or] if it was supposed to be for real. No one cheered, no nothing. That was the last night I did that. I was like, 'What did I tell you?!' "
Wearing a Boy Scout uniform to perform while his sister and her friends sat in the audience was also a low point for the actor.
He explained: "[It was] my first night of stripping and my sister and six of her friends came my first night up, which was horribly mortifying. My sister didn't watch, but all her friends watched, all in the front row, and I'm just like, 'This [Boy Scout routine] is the worst idea ever!' But the clown was the worst of all."