Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Celebrities take to Twitter to congratulate Prince William and Duchess Catherine on their baby news
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 at 08:33 AM
- Lindsay Lohan has never been better, according to her mother Dina
- Amanda Bynes allegedly lunged at a fan after he tried to take her photograph on Friday
- ‘Glee’ actor Matthew Morrison wants a musical collaboration with Adam Levine
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly ‘making life hell’ for staff and other patients at the Betty Ford clinic
- Gerard Butler has split from girlfriend Madalina Ghenea
|Prince William & Kate Middleton|
Cheryl – who has previously admitted to a crush on William’s brother Prince Harry – wrote: "I'm sooooooo excited that we're having a royal baby !!!! Congratulations to Kate and Wills !!!!!! (sic)”.
Meanwhile, after it was revealed Catherine – who was known as Kate Middleton before her April 2011 marriage – has been admitted to hospital with Hyperemesis Gravidarum [severe morning sickness], Maria revealed she once suffered from the same illness.
She tweeted: “Wonderful news for Prince William & Kate Middleton. Kate has Hyperemesis. Had that with my last child. Not fun at all. Hang in there, Kate.”
Other stars to tweet their congratulations include Olly Murs, who wrote: "Cool #royalbaby that's amazing news!! Dam it how comes they never mentioned it on the XTRA Factor last week haha (sic)," while Katherine Jenkins added: "What lovely news!! Congratulations to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge!! #PitterPatter (sic)."
The duchess is believed to be less than 12 weeks along but the news was announced early as she was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in Central London to deal with her illness.
Prince Harry – who is currently serving in Afghanistan – was informed of the news via email, while Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip only found out on Monday before the announcement.