Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Casino Royale' star Eva Green's mother is "appalled" by her profession
Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 at 10:02 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
Asked if she asks her mum for advice, Eva said: "No, she's kind of appalled by what I do. Sometimes I get so worried [about a part] she'll say, 'Don't stress,' but there was less competition in her day. She'll discuss a role and we run through lines. She thinks acting is a terrible business and it's true that it's hard to depend on the judgment of other people all the time. You have to not take it personally, to be strong."
Eva – who has been single since splitting from actor Marton Csokas in 2009 – also insisted she was never interested in following in the footsteps of her father Walter and becoming a dentist.
She told The Observer magazine: "Oh God no, that would be so bad. I'd find it so intimate, like a gynaecologist. In fact, this is how he met my mother. It was, 'Oh hi, shall we go out?'"