Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Carey Mulligan's Met Ball 2012 dress sells for $2,950 on eBay
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Carey Mulligan pictured at the Met Ball 2012|
After being listed for sale two days later, the designer frock went to the highest bidder when the auction closed on Saturday with a total of 35 bidders.
The listing described the dress – the proceeds of which will go to Oxfam America - as a "piece of fashion history".
It read: "You can bid on Mulligan's custom Prada gold and silver degradé metal paillettes scaled halter neck dress. This dress has been photographed by most news outlets, from the Chicago Tribune to NY Magazine, Vogue and Style.com, and has generated significant media attention. A true piece of fashion history!
"Custom dress sized between 38-40."
This is not the first time Carey has sold one of her dresses to raise money for Oxfam.
In May 2010, she donated the Vionnet dress she wore to that year's BAFTA Awards to raise money for the charity's women's projects.
She said at the time: "I'm honored to be able to donate my Bafta dress to support Oxfam's work helping women living in extreme poverty across the world."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...