Carey Mulligan thinks the free clothes she gets can be wasteful
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
The ‘Never Let Me Go’ actress admits she often gives away the items she is sent by designers, and feels sad that she rarely gets to wear beautiful red carpet dresses more than once.
She said: “If someone sends me a bag and it’s really expensive, I think, ‘You should give these things away, you should make some money.’
“I just gave most of my shoes to my brother’s girlfriend, she went crazy.
“I tend to hang on to really nice things, but what can you do with a dress you wore to the Oscars? It sits there. It’s a bit of a shame really.”
The 23-year-old star also admitted she has a bigger interest in fashion now after working with good stylists, but doesn’t take many risks with her wardrobe.
She said: “I definitely have a greater appreciation for designers than I did two years ago, because I’ve worked with people who have made me dresses and I can appreciate the artistry.
“I don’t mind what I wear as long as it’s knee length and fits well – I don’t like revealing clothes.”