Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Carey Mulligan persuaded Colin Firth to give a speech at her wedding
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 at 09:51 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
The pair became close during awards season in 2010, when they were both nominated for multiple gongs, Colin for his role in 'A Single Man' and Carey for her breakthrough performance in 'An Education'.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "She thought it would be funny to have the actor address the room.
"Unlike his character in 'The King's Speech', Colin was a pro at the speech. He was his charming self and had the room in fits."
Carey - who wore a full-length ivory plain backless dress with V-straps, thought to be a Versace design - had eight bridesmaids, wearing turquoise knee-high prom dresses.
Among the 200 guests at the rustic-themed celebration were celebrities including Sienna Miller and Carey's 'Brothers' co-star Jake Gyllenhaal.
Carey - who previously dated 'Transformers' actor Shia LaBeouf - and Marcus were childhood pen pals who reconnected as adults.
They have been dating for over a year and got engaged last August, though they are rarely seen in public together.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...