Carey Mulligan didn't fancy her ‘Great Gatsby’ co-star Leonardo DiCaprio as a teenager
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|‘Great Gatsby’ star Carey Mulligan|
The 29-year-old actress - who is married to Mumford & Sons frontman Marcus Mumford - filmed numerous steamy scenes with hunky actor in Baz Luhrrman's 'The Great Gatsby', but admits she wasn't one of the many young girls who succumbed to the heartthrob's good looks when he made a name for himself in 'Titanic'.
She said: "Well, he wasn't my pin-up, but he was for a lot of my girlfriends. Michael Schumacher [was my pin-up]. I used to watch Formula 1 with my dad when I was little."
But the screen beauty - who plays love-torn Daisy opposite Leo's enigmatic Jay Gatsby - still couldn't help but give in to the actor's charm when she auditioned for the role.
She explained: "When I did the audition with Leo in New York I walked away grinning. Just the idea that if I never got any further, I had just spent an hour and a half acting with Leonardo DiCaprio.
"I was terrified of reading with him, but it said in the script that Daisy kisses Gatsby so I asked if I should and [director] Baz [Luhrmann] said yes, so I kissed him."
And Leo isn't the only actor Carey is enamoured by, as she recalls receiving a "precious" note from gentlemanly 'Lincoln' actor Daniel Day-Lewis after they met.
She added to Harper's Bazaar UK: "He wrote me this beautiful handwritten note a couple of weeks afterwards just saying how nice it was to meet me and that he'd liked 'An Education'.
"His penmanship was beautiful. The note was the most beautiful thing. If my house was burning down I would save that. It is so precious."
Be the first to make a comment.
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...