Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Cameron Diaz 'became very close' to Gwyneth Paltrow after her father's death
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 09:48 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
Cameron insists she will never forget the support the 'Iron Man' star gave her.
In an interview with the June UK issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, she said: "We became very close after my dad's death. She reached out and it was very sweet. We bonded on that."
The 39-year-old actress also revealed she is an Anglophile and loves Englishmen because she grew up watching British comedy TV shows like 'Monty Python's Flying Circus'.
Cameron - who has previously dated Justin Timberlake, and baseball Alex Rodriguez and has been linked to rapper P. Diddy - thinks Colin Firth is the "perfect Englishman".
She said: "I love their (English guys') sense of humour and the sense of chivalry and charm. It's something that is innately a part of the culture - we don't have that over here, it's not the same in America.
"(Colin Firth) is the perfect Englishman. Just enough of the self-effacing to a point that it's comfortable for other people, but also totally charming and engaging to where he makes you feel special.
"I love London. I love the Brits, I always have. I have a weak spot for them. I grew up on 'Monty Python'. I love 'Little Britain'. My grandfather used to watch Benny Hill all the time."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...