Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bullied Mischa Barton craved popularity
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 06:28 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
The former child actress said "I think that's why I grew up so fast and have always been a bit of an outsider.
"I was in public school in New York where all the kids were in black jeans and Nike sneakers and I was wearing little stockings and Mary-Janes and perpetually getting my ass kicked in my bottle glasses."
At the time, ‘The O.C.' star yearned to be more popular at school, and found it difficult to accept she was picked on because she was an actress.
Mischa, now 24-years-old added "I still am insecure but young Mischa was terribly insecure. The kids around me at school had realized I was an actress and I started getting teased.
"I wasn't popular so it was easy to integrate me in and out without kids asking too many questions but then ‘The Sixth Sense' came out. I would have liked to have been popular. I would have liked to have not been on the periphery so much."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...