Britain's Prince Charles is ‘overjoyed’ by the birth of his first grandchild
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
The Prince of Wales' daughter-in-law Duchess Catherine gave birth to a boy - her first child with Prince William – on Monday, and the doting grandfather and his wife Duchess Camilla are ecstatic to welcome the latest addition to the royal family.
In an official statement, he said: "Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild. It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy.
"Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone's life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future."
The royal newborn - who will be third in line to the throne after his grandfather and father - came into the world at 16:24pm BST on Monday and weighed 8lbs, 6oz, according to Clarence House.
Both mother and baby are doing well and will remain in hospital overnight in the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington, London.
Prince William, 31, was by his wife's side for the birth and informed his father, grandmother Queen Elizabeth and brother Prince Harry of the news before it was made public via an official press release.
Be the first to make a comment.
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...