Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bristol Palin admits she had ‘corrective jaw surgery’
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 05:17 PM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
The face of US abstinence Bristol Palin has admitted that she had 'corrective jaw surgery that was necessary for medical reasons.
The 20-year-old daughter of the former Governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, had been ribbed about her weight while competing on "Dancing with the Stars". This month she started the gossip chins wagging when she showed up the White House Correspondents Association dinner with a distinctly more angular jaw.
She told US magazine "It's not plastic surgery, I had corrective jaw surgery," said Palin, the eldest daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. Yes, it improved the way I look, but this surgery was necessary for medical reasons ... so my jaw and teeth could properly realign ... I don't obsess over my face."
However she did admit that she's delighted with how the surgery has changed the way she looks.
She said "I am absolutely thrilled with the results…I look older, more mature, and don't have as much of a chubby little baby face."