Bridget Moynahan snipes at her ex Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
Bridget Moynahan, former girlfriend of New England Patriots superstar Tom Brady (pictured together above) and mother of his son has come out swinging against Brady’s new wife supermodel Gisele Bundchen and her own high profile baby she had with Brady.
"Being a mom, whether single or not, is not easy! Certain individuals and the press present motherhood as if it's easy or painless, and that's irresponsible," Moynahan says in Self Magazine, pointedly referring to Bundchen's drug-free water birth.
"Girls see pictures in magazines of mothers with fancy baby bags and think it looks glamorous, and that's not necessarily the case. I'm not complaining about anything in my life - it's fantastic. My son is so well adjusted. He has two parents who live in different homes, and that's what he knows. Having a child didn't hold me back from a career or a love life or traveling; it has enhanced my life."
Moynahan,39, makes it clear that she thinks her ex and his girl spend too much time in the public eye with their baby.
"The paparazzi are intrusive, offensive and aggressive. It's not something that I respect or, quite frankly, deserve," she says. "I don't search it out. I lead a quiet life. I don't go out as much as I'd like because I don't want my son to be involved in that. We do things privately, like reading Dr. Seuss, playing games and listening to music. That's why you haven't seen many photos of us. I don't need to parade him around. I want to raise him with a strong sense of self and integrity. He'll learn from his mistakes. I'm not a believer in encouraging bad behavior or sweeping it under the rug. It better be out on the table."
And how is she coping these days?
"No matter what's been thrown at me in the past couple of years, I try to find the positive. There are a thousand magazines that like the negative. It's easy to bitch and to listen to your people bitch, so if someone going through a divorce asks me for advice, I say, 'All the he said/she said stuff doesn't matter. And your kid will pick up on that energy. Keep your kids the focus,'" she says. "When [my life] was in the news or when challenging things arose while trying to work things out with another person, my attitude was to take the high road. My drama isn't different from anybody else's, except people get to see it."
She says she looks at men differently.
"I do look at men differently now," she says. "There's a whole category that isn't in the running: somebody who doesn't want a family. And, while I'd love to have more children, I'm not sure I want another on my own. One is portable; two are not. Anyone I date is going to have an open heart."
Moynahan says she is ready for anything.
"I'm in the same shape now I was prior to having a baby. I mean, there are little scars, battle wounds from giving birth, for sure, but I'm back to my fighting weight," she says. "It was a combination of wanting to be strong, fit and healthy and enjoying the stress release. If you are physically well, it feeds your mental and emotional state, and your child senses it. My son eats whatever I'm eating, so it's a sit-down dinner with protein and vegetables. I don't want him to snack between meals, so I don't. I do indulge sometimes. I'm a salty girl - potato chips or truffle fries and a martini."
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...