Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bradley Cooper has revealed he was arrested for underage drinking when he was 15
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 07:59 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Cooper at the Golden Globe Awards|
He told the December issue of Esquire magazine: "I grew up in an interesting family. My father was Irish, and my mother was Italian. It's a rich tapestry. It's soaking in volatility. But I was raised well.
"I put them through some hell, of course. I got arrested [for underage drinking] when I was 15.
My mom [Gloria] always said, 'Just call me. I wanna know where you are,' We always had good lines of communication, me and my parents.
"My father was viciously smart and intellectually curious. We lived across the street from a movie theatre. And he would always talk about all these movies, and when I was at the age of being able to appreciate them, he just started throwin' 'em my way.
"He was a huge Tom Courtenay fan. 'Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner' was one of the first ones he showed me. And 'The Dresser. And 'Under the Volcano'. He loved Albert Finney."
The 37-year-old actor previously revealed that after years of abusing drugs and alcohol he realised he was ruining his life because he wasn't comfortable in his own skin and has now been clean since he was 29.
Earlier this year, he said: "I don't drink or do drugs anymore. Being sober helps a great deal ... I remember looking at my life, my apartment, my dogs [when I was still using], and I thought, 'What's happening?'
"I was so concerned what you thought of me, how I was coming across, how I would survive the day. I always felt like an outsider. I just lived in my head. I realised I wasn't going to live up to my potential, and that scared the hell out of me. I thought, 'Wow, I'm actually gonna ruin my life. I'm really gonna ruin it."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...