Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie did not get married this weekend in France
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 at 09:37 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
|Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie|
RTE reports that rumors were flying that the couple might be saying ‘I Do’ in France this weekend. However, town officials said otherwise.
Patrick Mareschi, deputy culture secretary at the village of Correns in France said to Retuters that''We don't know anything about it. Under French law couples have to get married at the town hall.”
''Unlike with a religious wedding, there's no way a couple can hold a civil ceremony at their own home.''
Jolie and Pitt announced their engagement in April of this year, reportedly after their brood of children asked them to. The couple first met while filming ‘Mr. and Mrs. Smith’ in 2005.
Photo agency X17 also discounted the rumors after sending some staffers down to snoop around.
In a message on their website, X17 said ''We sent an X17 photographer all the way down to the south of France - it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere - to check out Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's chateau Miraval to see just what's going on and ... drumroll, please . . . there's NOTHING going on!''
Hmm, makes you wonder if perhaps the couple pulled the wool over, well, the whole world’s eyes and got married somewhere else?
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...