Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bono was left in a panic when he ran out of cigarettes at a celebrity party he was hosting
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 at 10:17 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
According to the Daily Mirror newspaper, after an initial panic an enterprising butler popped out to the local corner shop on behalf of the guests.
Bono also invited a host of Olympians including Greg Rutherford, Louis Smith, Christine Ohuruogu to the party at PR guru Matthew Freud’s London home and while they don’t smoke, they were thrilled to find a games room downstairs complete with ping pong table.
After a few competitive games, the entire group returned to the party.
Bono was recently linked to a role on ‘American Idol’ after exiting judge Jennifer Lopez tipped him for the judging panel, saying they needed someone big to replace her.
When asked who should take her place on the show, she said: "I think Bono or Bon Jovi or Mick Jagger. You know me, I think big."