Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bono used morphine for back pain --U2 kick off return with sellout in Turin
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2010 at 08:58 PM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
Bono has revealed how he took morphine to deal with the severe back pain he experienced after an emergency spine operation.
“To deal with the pain, in the beginning, I took morphine. And like anyone on drugs I did strange things. In hospital, I always wanted ice cream. I drank. I even started smoking again,” he said.
The band had to cancel an entire North American and Canadian leg of their 360° Tour, due to have started on June 3, because Bono (50) injured his back during rehearsals.
His surgery was clearly a success as the band played a sold out gig in Turin's Olympic Stadium on Friday night .
Bono kicked off his comeback set "Beautiful Day" and "Magnificent."
The band also played two new tracks called "North Star Acoustic" and "Glastonbury."
He also thanked the band members for staying with him during his illness.
"This band is like a family. It's a family business, U2. I am the prodigal son. I would like to thank my brothers for their patience."
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...