Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bono used morphine for back pain --U2 kick off return with sellout in Turin
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2010 at 08:58 PM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
Bono has revealed how he took morphine to deal with the severe back pain he experienced after an emergency spine operation.
“To deal with the pain, in the beginning, I took morphine. And like anyone on drugs I did strange things. In hospital, I always wanted ice cream. I drank. I even started smoking again,” he said.
The band had to cancel an entire North American and Canadian leg of their 360° Tour, due to have started on June 3, because Bono (50) injured his back during rehearsals.
His surgery was clearly a success as the band played a sold out gig in Turin's Olympic Stadium on Friday night .
Bono kicked off his comeback set "Beautiful Day" and "Magnificent."
The band also played two new tracks called "North Star Acoustic" and "Glastonbury."
He also thanked the band members for staying with him during his illness.
"This band is like a family. It's a family business, U2. I am the prodigal son. I would like to thank my brothers for their patience."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...