Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bono used morphine for back pain --U2 kick off return with sellout in Turin
Posted on Friday, August 06, 2010 at 08:58 PM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
Bono has revealed how he took morphine to deal with the severe back pain he experienced after an emergency spine operation.
“To deal with the pain, in the beginning, I took morphine. And like anyone on drugs I did strange things. In hospital, I always wanted ice cream. I drank. I even started smoking again,” he said.
The band had to cancel an entire North American and Canadian leg of their 360° Tour, due to have started on June 3, because Bono (50) injured his back during rehearsals.
His surgery was clearly a success as the band played a sold out gig in Turin's Olympic Stadium on Friday night .
Bono kicked off his comeback set "Beautiful Day" and "Magnificent."
The band also played two new tracks called "North Star Acoustic" and "Glastonbury."
He also thanked the band members for staying with him during his illness.
"This band is like a family. It's a family business, U2. I am the prodigal son. I would like to thank my brothers for their patience."