Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bono meets President Obama at the Oval Office
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 at 07:19 PM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
It had to happen and it finally did.
Bono, the man who has made debt and aid relief to Africa part of his life's work, finally got the Oval Office invite to meet with our Commander in Chief in Washington to discuss the administration's development work in Africa.
According to The White House press release the Irish social activist singer joined with President Obama, along with members of his national security staff, to talk about ways to make sure U.S. foreign aid is effective.
Bono also discussed opportunities for using innovation and technology to drive economic growth in Africa. The meeting Friday comes as the administration prepares for several international summits where development will be on the agenda.
All very worthy stuff and we will always admire Bono's tireless dedication, after all he's been doing it for over half his life. We just hope that the President asked the U2 singer to break his guitar out before he headed home.
If anyone knows how to turn a so-so day into a beautiful one it's Bono.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...