Bono hints at possible U2 break-up - Says band is now close to irrelevance
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
For the first time Bono has hinted that u2 could breakup in the future.
“U2 are now very close to irrelevance”, Bono has said, speaking to The Irish Times.
He was quoted at the Toronto Film Festival where a new documentary on the band was unveiled’
“We’ve been on the edge of irrelevance for the last 20 years but we’ve always managed to dodge it” he said yesterday, “Sure we could go on playing the big music in big places but we need to matter in the small places – we need to keep affecting people.
We need to get to that place if we are to survive”.
U2’s Bono defend’s Apple’s Steve Jobs' lack of philanthropy
Bono announces that U2 ‘wont be back for a while’ after massive ‘360 Tour’ - VIDEO
U2 named top band at the GQ Men of the Year awards - VIDEO
The band is coming off its most successful live show ever but sales of its latest album have slumped as concert goers clearly prefer the oldies but goldies.
Bono also talked about his “meglomania” and stated that the others in U2 had a problem with him.
The new documentary ‘From the Sky Down’ outlines the creation of the successful 1991 album Achtung Baby.
Its director Davis Guggenheims said he had been “very surprised” that he had “complete access to the group’s archives”, Piers Handling, director of the Toronto International Festival said: “Davis Guggenheim’s fascinating account of this world-renowned band is the perfect film to kick off our 11-day celebration of artists, stories and voices from around the world.”
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...