Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Boardwalk Empire' star Steve Buscemi would be a fireman if he wasn't an actor
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2011 at 04:01 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
He said: "I'd probably still be on the fire department. I would have had 30 years on, so I no doubt would have continued doing that."
When New York's World Trade Centre was attacked in 2001, the 'Big Lebowski' star even returned to his old unit to help them sift through rubble for 12 hours, showing dedication to his old job.
Among Steve’s unusual previous jobs, he has been a newspaper vendor, ice-cream truck driver, furniture remover, dishwasher and bus boy, and though he had mixed feelings on all his old careers, the one thing he would never return to is stand-up comedy.
He said: "I like having people around… and doing stand-up, it's just you. And um… I guess I didn't like the aloneness.
"It's terrible when you're not connecting with the audience. There are times when, being the new guy, you would get up on stage at 3am when there's hardly anybody there.
"I just felt like, for me, it just… I couldn't find my own comedic voice and I was taking acting classes at the same time, and I realised I liked acting better."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...