Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bill Gates enjoys a family trip out to see U2 live in Seattle
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 09:28 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
Who needs to party backstage with the band when the lead singer is actually one of your houseguests?
Welcome to the charmed world of Microsoft bazillionaire and famed philanthropist Bill Gates, who spoke to the Daily Mail last week about a number of things, including his pal Bono of U2. They’ve worked together for years on humanitarian issues in Africa, so when the band was in town to play a show in Gates’ homeplace, Seattle, Bono had a palatial place to rest his head. “We went to the concert with my daughter and three of her friends, so there were six of us and we took the minivan. I drove,” Gates said. When the interviewer asked if Bono invited him backstage Gates paused. “Umm, no – actually, he stayed at our house,” he answered. The Gates kids must have had lots of bragging rights at school the next day! . . .
Read more: Irish billionaire inspires Warren Buffet, Bill Gates to give it all away