Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bill Clinton marries Hillary's top aide Huma Abedin --well not really
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 12:25 PM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Huma Abedin has long been Hillary Clinton's 'body girl', the person available at every moment to the former First Lady, always arriving at functions before her to make sure the path is smooth.
Not so sure she will be able to keep that role now that she is marrying today to Congressman Anthony Weiner in Huntington, Long Island.
Former president Bill Clinton will officiate at the nuptials, the first time it is believed he has done so.
Apparently former presidents are empowered to do so -- a first to my knowledge.
Abedin was raised Muslim in Saudi Arabia and Weiner is Jewish which should make it interesting when the Middle East conflict is brought up.
Abedin may be performing her 'body girl' function for Weiner now that he is considered a likely runner for Mayor of New York in a few years.