Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ben Affleck's family hated his beard for his ‘Argo’ role -VIDEO
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 09:40 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
|Ben Affleck in 'Argo'|
He said: "My family unanimously hated the look. There was a united front and my littlest daughter said, 'Can't you shave your prickles. ' I said, 'I have to wear this for work.'
"My daughter said, 'What kind of work would want you to look like this?'"
Ben admitted he had mixed feelings about his beard, finding it "cool" some days but worrying he looked like Bee Gees star Barry Gibb at other moments.
He said: "Sometimes it looked cool like Kurt Russell in one those early '80s movies, but sometimes I looked like Barry Gibb.
"The hair and the beard were no joke. There were definitely some mornings when I thought, 'Can't Tony just get a haircut?'
"I know my hair didn't impress anybody. You know, you can't cheat. You've got to do it right. While nobody says they thought it looked great, nobody says they didn't think it was realistic, either."