Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ben Affleck had to take a break from working with Matt Damon
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 at 08:17 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Ben, 40, said: "We wanted to have our own identities; this whole Matt and Ben thing was so strong it kind of upstaged whatever the movie was.
"I think it's been long enough now, so we're about to do this movie together called Whitey, about this famous gangster [Whitey Bulger] in America. Matt's going to play him and I'm going to direct."
Ben has directed three films to date - 'Gone Baby Gone', 'The Town' and new spy thriller 'Argo' - which have all been critically acclaimed, and he says he's still terrified by the process of making them.
He added to ShortList magazine: "It's probably anxiety, the terror that it's not going to be good - that keeps me worrying and working and staying up late and obsessing about it all night.
"It's not particularly healthy, but I think it's helped make the movies better."