Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ben Affleck had to take a break from working with Matt Damon
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 at 08:17 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Ben, 40, said: "We wanted to have our own identities; this whole Matt and Ben thing was so strong it kind of upstaged whatever the movie was.
"I think it's been long enough now, so we're about to do this movie together called Whitey, about this famous gangster [Whitey Bulger] in America. Matt's going to play him and I'm going to direct."
Ben has directed three films to date - 'Gone Baby Gone', 'The Town' and new spy thriller 'Argo' - which have all been critically acclaimed, and he says he's still terrified by the process of making them.
He added to ShortList magazine: "It's probably anxiety, the terror that it's not going to be good - that keeps me worrying and working and staying up late and obsessing about it all night.
"It's not particularly healthy, but I think it's helped make the movies better."