Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ben Affleck finds working with his old friend and “Good Will Hunting” partner Matt Damon easy
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2012 at 10:35 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Ben Affleck & Matt Damon|
He told E! News at the Artios Awards in Beverly Hills last night (29.10.12): "The nice thing about working with Matt, somebody that you've known a long time, is you don't have to worry about how you're going to get along or what the process is going to be like.
"We've developed a pretty good story over the years and we don't lie to each other. If it's not good, we say it's not good. And it makes the whole process a lot easier."
The close friends and former college roommates - who previously teamed up for their film 'Good Will Hunting' which scored two Oscars including Best Original Screenplay at the prestigious awards ceremony in 1998 - are reuniting for an upcoming film about mobster James 'Whitey' Bulger.
The father-of-three - who has been married to 'Butter' actress Jennifer Garner for more than seven years - will direct the flick and Matt will play the lead character James Bulger, the notorious Massachusetts fugitive who disappeared for 16 years before being caught in Santa Monica in 2011.
Ben's younger brother Casey Affleck will also co-star in the film as James Bulger's politician brother Billy.