Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Bee Gees star Robin Gibb's funeral will take place next week
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 at 10:26 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
Family and close friends of the star will attend the funeral, the location of which has not been released, but is expected to be close to the home he shared with his wife, Dwina, in Thame, Oxfordshire, England. A statement from
Robin's immediate family - Dwina, sons Spencer and Robin-John and daughter Melissa - requested there should be no flowers, but called instead for donations to two children's charities, "both of which were close to the heart of Robin Gibb and his family," Rebecca House hospice and Wish Upon A Dream. A public memorial for the 'How Deep is Your Love' is being planned, and details are expected to be announced after next week.
It has been rumoured Robin's family are hoping to hold a public service for him at St Paul's Cathedral in London, which would to see music stars fly in from around the world to pay their respects.
A source said: "This will be the biggest send-off since the death of John Lennon. "Robin was so very highly regarded in the industry and this will be reflected in the turnout."
There have also been calls for Robin to be posthumously Knighted. Robin's brother, Barry - the only surviving member of the Bee Gees - paid an emotional tribute to his brother shortly after his death with a video montage, combining old clips and photos from their parents' wedding onward. Robin's twin brother, Maurice - the third member of the band - passed away in 2003, and the singer said he never fully recovered from his sibling's passing.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...