Bee Gee’s Robin Gibbs leave $40 million to Irish wife, nothing to love child
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
Robin Gibb of Bee Gees fame died last March after a long battle with colon and liver cancer, leaving behind a widow and four children- Spencer, Melissa, Robin-John, and Snow Robin. In his will, he leaves behind an almost $40m fortune (26m pounds).
However, one of these children will not be the beneficiary of any of these millions, reports the Daily Mail. Gibb’s daughter Snow Robin was the result of an affair with the family’s housekeeper Claire Yang. Snow Robin, now four years old, was born in 2009.
Though the singer and his partner Dwina Gibb had an open marriage, Mrs Gibb reportedly feuded with Yang on multiple occasions, and even stopped Yang from attending Gibb’s funeral. Of the 40m left in his will, Gibb’s two children Spencer and Melissa from his first marriage will each receive around $760,000 (500,000 pounds) immediately, with the remainder of the estate to be split amongst them and their half-brother Robin-John upon Mrs. Gibb’s passing.
Until then, all of the money has been placed in a trust fund with Mrs Gibbs receiving all the profits. Any of Gibb’s personal chattels and all joint-owned properties and bank accounts are now solely owned by Mrs. Gibbs.
Yang has been allowed to keep the $1.3m (850,000 pounds) house that Gibb bought her in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, but her daughter did not inherit anything. The final paragraph of the will stated that Gibb was “in the process of making reasonable financial provision for Snow.”
Gibb asked of his trustee to provide for Snow, but made no specific request in his will. It is as yet unknown if Yang intends to contest the will, though there are unconfirmed rumors that Gibb gave Yang $7.6m (5m pounds), so she may not need to.
Be the first to make a comment.
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...