Bee Gee’s Robin Gibbs leave $40 million to Irish wife, nothing to love child
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
Robin Gibb of Bee Gees fame died last March after a long battle with colon and liver cancer, leaving behind a widow and four children- Spencer, Melissa, Robin-John, and Snow Robin. In his will, he leaves behind an almost $40m fortune (26m pounds).
However, one of these children will not be the beneficiary of any of these millions, reports the Daily Mail. Gibb’s daughter Snow Robin was the result of an affair with the family’s housekeeper Claire Yang. Snow Robin, now four years old, was born in 2009.
Though the singer and his partner Dwina Gibb had an open marriage, Mrs Gibb reportedly feuded with Yang on multiple occasions, and even stopped Yang from attending Gibb’s funeral. Of the 40m left in his will, Gibb’s two children Spencer and Melissa from his first marriage will each receive around $760,000 (500,000 pounds) immediately, with the remainder of the estate to be split amongst them and their half-brother Robin-John upon Mrs. Gibb’s passing.
Until then, all of the money has been placed in a trust fund with Mrs Gibbs receiving all the profits. Any of Gibb’s personal chattels and all joint-owned properties and bank accounts are now solely owned by Mrs. Gibbs.
Yang has been allowed to keep the $1.3m (850,000 pounds) house that Gibb bought her in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, but her daughter did not inherit anything. The final paragraph of the will stated that Gibb was “in the process of making reasonable financial provision for Snow.”
Gibb asked of his trustee to provide for Snow, but made no specific request in his will. It is as yet unknown if Yang intends to contest the will, though there are unconfirmed rumors that Gibb gave Yang $7.6m (5m pounds), so she may not need to.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...