Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Beats by Dre, move over! One Direction have their own headphones coming out
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
One Direction have their own headphones coming out
One Direction’s faithful Directioners will be clamoring to get their hands on a pair of the pink and white and bedazzled headphones that will be branded with the lads’ likeness.
MTV has delivered an exclusive first look at the band’s headphones, which will presumably go head-to-head with the Beats by Dre headphones, marketed by Dr. Dre.
One Direction’s headphones - blatantly designed to be appealing to pre-teen and teenaged girls - will hit shelves in the near future with a modest price tag of $19.99, a far cry from the hundreds of dollars some have shelled out for Beats by Dre.
Behind the upcoming marketing assault from One Direction is Jazwares, who are also designing and releasing 1D merchandise that includes speakers, microphones, earbuds, walkie-talkies, alarm clocks, boomboxes and karaoke machines.
"With more than 3 million Twitter followers and a debut album that has gone gold and platinum across the globe, it's clear that the guys from One Direction are superstars that tween and teen fans can't get enough of," says Laura Zebersky, executive vice president of sales at Jazwares.
"We are thrilled to add One Direction to our portfolio, and look forward to developing our program with the band to bring personal and innovative electronics to their millions of fans."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...