Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Beatles Sir Paul McCartney wants his own tourism business
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 09:23 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Sir Paul McCartney|
He said: "I would really love to start a sightseeing business. I have my own magical mystery tours of the city, my own special route I go on and I think other people would love it, too.
"I want to give something back to the locals."
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
Desperate Irish women turn to working in sex industry as economy tanks
Saying a sad farewell to America but longing to stay here
And the 69-year-old singer would definitely be able to afford to set up a new company as it was recently revealed he made £29 million in 2011.
The 'Hey Jude' hit-maker almost doubled his earnings in the past year, after banking £16.4 million in 2010.
His company made a pre-tax profit of £12.8 million, while the previous year the figure stood at £9 million.
However, Paul - who tied the knot with third wife Nancy Shevell in London in October - hasn't increased his spending, with company reports showing he paid himself just £1 million, in comparison to the £6.7 million salary he gave himself in 2010.
A source said: "McCartney must have picked up a few lucky coins in the past couple of years.
"Not only has he got married to a lovely lady, he's also had a hugely successful world tour and brought out another album."