Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Avengers' star Robert Downey Jr was nervous about becoming a father again
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10:40 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
|Robert Downey Jr|
He said: "There was all this trepidation, all this projection, all this anticipation and goodwill and a good vibe about it.
"But what you're squeezing to the side - or what's in the glove box - is these thousands of forms of fear. And then he was born and they've all just kind of scattered now. It seems like he's always been here."
Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart to reunite on 'Breaking Dawn' set for reshoots - VIDEO
One Direction up close and personal - discuss legal case, dating, and the band- VIDEOS
The 'Sherlock Holmes' star knows "anticipation and fear" are normal parts of parenting but thinks it is important not to project his concerns onto his offspring.
He told the new issue of Esquire magazine: "Am I going to know what to do with them? Does any new parent, even if you're not a first-time parent, ever really know what to do? Only thing you have to do, the only requirement, if you can hack it, is to not transfer your own discomfort in the moment to this fresh soul, right? You got to be mindful.
"I don't want to be so confident in myself. It's that balance between being relaxed enough to not be communicating anxiety and present enough to not be creating the very thing that you were anxious about by being so relaxed - because I've seen that parenting style, too."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...
- One Direction scoops two trophies at the American Music Awards...